What if every child reached their potential?
Think how amazing that would be.
Our signature Community Based Mentoring program matches volunteers (“Bigs”) one-to-one with a child (“Little”) aged 7-14. Spending time together out in the local community is primarily how Bigs and Littles develop their relationship. After all, to change a child’s perspective of the world, it helps to spend some time in it.
Warren Township Youth Services will also be working with BBBS to provide available time at the Teen Center and quarterly activities. More information will follow.
- Be at least 21 years old
- Volunteers must meet one of the following residency criteria:
- Be a US citizen and lived in the US at least 12 months prior to applying
- Be a legal US resident for the past 2 years
- Have a valid student or workers visa for the past 2 years
- Be able to attend the entire program meeting for a minimum of 1 year.
- Be able to participate in regular phone contacts with a Big Brothers Big Sisters staff person.
- Volunteers provide their own transportation to and from the program meetings.
- Be willing to pay a one-time application fee of $35 (Warren Township will reimburse mentors who are eventually paired with a youth).
Get started by contacting Ashlee McGrown at 312-207-5643 or email@example.com.
Questions may also be directed to Adam Krieger at Warren Township 847-244-1101 ext. *402